Need to File a Mold Insurance Claim in Florida
Do you think you have a mold problem in your home,office, or building?
Did you know that you can sometimes use your home owners insurance or business insurance to foot the bill of a comprehensive mold inspection, mold testing, mold removal, and/or the entire mold remediation process? Read on to find out more…
Mold Insurance Claims
Establishing that your policy covers mold related claims is obviously the first step you should conduct. Understanding the intricacies of the extent mold coverage and how your insurance policy lays out filing for a mold insurance claim. After understanding that you do in fact have a viable mold insurance claim, you will then have to start the process of gathering documentation, taking photos and video of any recent damage, while implementing precautionary measures as to prevent any further water damage and mold growth.
After you have taken all necessary precautions to stop the water and/or mold damage, then it would be advisable to contact your insurance company for further direction on filing your mold insurance claim. Once you have received direct information on your next steps from your insurance company, you should get started with cross referencing the information with the official Florida mold statutes for further guidance. If you are not comfortable with dealing with your insurance company, it may be advisable to consult with an attorney that has home owner insurance claims experience.
Mold Insurance Claim Tips
Florida mold inspection, mold testing, and mold removal insurance claim tips-
- Take control of the situation and keep in constant contact with your insurance company throughout the entire mold insurance claim process. Do not quit until your home or building is back to 100% what it use to be before the mold growth.
- First and foremost, when dealing with any insurance company, they will almost always try to reduce their risk by having hidden clauses, dragging out claims, denying claims for ridiculous reasons, or low-balling your claim amount. Make sure you get what you want within reason, if not, you can always call an attorney with mold insurance claim experience.
- Sometimes it is easier to understand the insurance claim process from a business transaction and business owner point of view. This can make things a lot easier to understand and work with from the home owners perspective.
- When speaking with your insurance company, always make think about what you say before you say it. Similar to the court of law, your words can be used against you in terms of claim acceptance, denial of claim, or reduction in claim amount.
- Documentation- You should keep a log book of a calls and whom and at what times when dealing with insurance claims. Additionally, you will need to support your claim with proof, photos, videos, documentation, receipts, details, estimates, etc. Miami Mold Specialist’s Comprehensive Mold Assessment Report will provide you and your insurance company a thorough and complete analysis of damages incurred.
- If any issues arise, try to resolve as requested. Sometimes you wil need to mail in paperwork, maybe the paperwork has to be notarized, sometimes faxing in paperwork is sufficient, etc. If you have an issue however, you may need to make formal complaints in writing. Try and use the insurance company’s initial claim processes and requests as quick as you can. If you believe they are giving you the run around, there is recourse- contact a local, state, government agency, or attorney for assistance when necessary.
- Don’t sign ANY legal documents without consulting with your Florida attorney.
- Seek professional help when you need it; start by calling our office staff at 1-305-763-8070 to become more informed of the entire mold insurance claim in FL and mold remediation processes.
If there is an emergency, document everything, throw away nothing. Never sign over rights. Never sign a release.
Click here to read more about Florida tenant/landlord mold claims
Click here for more additional information on mold insurance claims in Florida
About Miami Mold Specialists-
South Florida’s Premier Indoor Air Quality, Environmental Services, and Mold Removal Services Provider- Miami Mold Specialist: High Tech and Eco Friendly Indoor Air Quality, Mold Assessments and Environmental Consulting, 3rd Party “Conflict Free” Mold Testing, Mold Removal and Mold Remediation, Mold Prevention, Radon Testing, Water Damage Control, and Water Protection and Purification Services by Miami Mold Specialist.
Multi Certified, Licensed, Bonded, and Insured. Over 30 Years Experience!